Friday, September 16

The Day I Ended Left To Fry

It's not dead. This hobby is not dead.

But I've got a different life to chronicle now. A more focused one. LEFT TO FRY was always meant to be a written documentary of a life-in-the-making. Well now that I've got a lot of my life organized and put myself on a healthy path, I think it's time to move the blog forward. 

From here on out, I'll be writing in this blog:


That's my current bank account status. That's what I'm leaving Old Soul with (not counting my two final paychecks, which will be saved exclusively for rent). That's it. 

Basically I know that I don't want to get another coffee-shop job. But what's a guy supposed to do when his resume reeks of espresso and customer service? I need to break free. I need to take my writing seriously and I need to stay focused at school. I need to get experience with teaching, I need to volunteer and seek challenges. It's too easy to stay in an easy job. I'm too old for easy. 

I want to see how a constantly-dwindling budget will challenge me. It's an experiment. It's forcing me to find alternate, more rewarding income. It's forcing me to be smarter, more creative and crafty with my money. It could all work out just fine. It could be a disaster waiting to happen. Either way, I'll keep track of it and chronicle the changes, for better or for worse. 

- Left to Fry

3 comments:

  1. sad to see you end this. i love your writing and have been a follower for awhile, ever since i came up on your blog from a friend's friend's blog. ah well. good luck on your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great to hear. Thanks for reading. Keep reading at http://446952.blogspot.com/ for the next phase of life.

    ReplyDelete