Thursday, June 17

The Day The Rent Check Went Missing And I Get Ready To Start Editing The Music Video

Well the rent check never made it to Stockton, so we're late on that, too. Not to mention the bills that are piling up like Tetris blocks, one month late already. Almost three-hundred of whatever money we do have is going to Comcast and AT&T--the price we pay for communication. There's SMUD and PG&E and Wells Fargo and State Farm to pay, too. And once I catch up on the bills, I'll be able to focus on the forward progress of learning from my mistakes. First on the hitlist: my credit card debt. Get rid of that, and maybe it'll be time to invest in a house.

I canceled the rent check, just in case. Now would not be the most opportune time for credit theft.

In other news, the music video is moving along. It would feel a lot more real if I was being paid for all of this effort, but I'm not. No one is. But I got involved with this thing for the sole purpose of starting a demo reel, free or not, and so it's my own damn fault for getting in this position. Today Doug and I met with the two new male dancers, who seem like cool guys, and then we went to scout the mansion with Raquela and we met the aged-hippie owners. It's a nice place. Big, high-ceilings, tons of windows, space enough for a three-daughter family, two chihuahuas, a great dane, a parrot, and four horses. We're filming the music video here. It was good to get a visual of where the dancing is going to happen. Filming, and the major stress, should all be over with by next Friday. Then it's time for editing.

Obviously, money is tight. It will be for a while. AJ was excited about her recent check until she realized how much we owe for bills. Is this what everyone's going through? Is everyone having this much trouble trying to save money? But I see hope. I see little things happening around me that tell me I'm on the right path, that AJ is on the right path, and that we're facing this challenge for some greater reason. It's a test. It's a learning experience. And tomorrow's pay-day at Fair Oaks, so it's a good day no matter what happens. It won't be much, but it'll be something, and for the first time in what feels like a long time, I'll be moving forward.

Now if I can just figure out how to fix my car...

- Left to Fry


No comments:

Post a Comment