Thursday, September 23

The Day I Found Out That Aly Knows Dexter And Sean Wants Us To Become Musicians And The Construction Crew Busts A Water Line In The Alley

So I did see Aly again, after all. She was there when I showed up around 1:20, with ten minutes to spare for sitting and catching up with her. I like her. Not sure what that means, precisely, but there's something comforting about meeting someone from your past. It's like finding family in a strange land. So I hope she keeps coming around. I can't believe she knows Dexter (my high school friend). She'd actually gotten a call from him earlier this morning. Thus Aly and I bonded.

Makes me realize how small my world is. The world, itself, is not small. That's bullshit. Anyone who's walked an hour to get to work through two miles of city streets knows that the world is not small. But my world, the one I'm creating, is small. I haven't left Northern California. A lot of my peers haven't. Most of them, actually. So of course I'd have to bump into a few of them along the way.

I once saw Cassie from junior high at Aroma Roasters in Santa Rosa. She didn't seem too thrilled to be recognized as "that girl who rode my bus at Churchill."

Here's what I had in my pockets when I came home:


My Lantern Tours article was published. Thought I was gonna get fired for being seen on my computer so much, but business was slow at Old Soul, so Tim didn't say anything. Anyway, I like the pictures I ended up choosing. Makes me bummed that Colleen already has someone attending the tour for coverage. I hope I'll get to go to Folsom Ghost Train, which is what I'm writing about next, after the salmon thing.

Then there's the Vampire Ball.

Didn't have water at Old Soul for about an hour after good old Biondi busted the water line in the alley. They weren't lying about the water being turned off. I accidentally flushed the toilet this morning and the old beast made an angry growling noise at me. I haven't bothered to check if it's back on.

I kinda want to take a picture of my toilet. It's different.

Here we go. I took some other photos, too.

No handle, just a knob on the tank that you pull up.
  

 

That's it for today. I'm still watching Abre Los Ojos, but it's blowing my mind how much of a near-exact remake Vanilla Sky was. I think I like that. It's pretty trippy. I'm watching the Spanish version without subtitles and yet I know everything that they're saying. 

- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment