Thursday, September 16

The Day I Thought A Lot About Insurance Because My Knee Stopped Hurting and My Toothache Began

I'm calling it a "Sore Spot" that will heal in a couple days-- so I can sleep tonight. I popped two pain relievers a few minutes ago to make sure. I'll just go ahead and admit that I still have all four of my wisdom teeth despite the fact that it's been a few years since a dentist told me they'd need to be pulled, all four of them, little enamel-coated torpedoes pushing through my gums. Well-- at least one of them has arrived, bottom left, and I was eating a blackberry scone a moment ago when it felt like I'd gotten bit down awkwardly on a seed, got it stuck in my teeth, but I couldn't feel anything with my tongue. Biting down, however, I did feel pressure from a specific point in my mouth, and so I swore there was a seed in there, stuck around my new arrival. Nothing. Not even the toothbrush could dislodge this invisible intruder. So because I have no idea what's going on in there, I'm making the following assumption: I bit down on a seed, bruising the thin skin where the tooth has pressed through. A "Sore Spot." It'll be gone by Monday. Like my knee pains... Gone, after a couple days of minor panic.

Insurance isn't really an option. I just wish I could actually think about it.

- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment