Thursday, September 30

The Day I Heard From Aly And Spent Four Hours At Sac Press For A Food-Writing Workshop After Finishing My Madeleine Albright Piece And I Also Ate At Zocalos For Lunch

I will just say that Aly and I have shared interest in hanging out sometime soon, although she said she'll be out of town for a week and so as of now we're aiming for Monday. I will also say that Sean thinks this will put me head-to-head with Dexter, who may like Aly. Although it was Dexter who sent me a facebook message insisting that I should meet Aly because, and I quote, "She just moved back to Sac and I think you'd really like her!" Anyhow, we had a short talk on the phone that put me in a good mood because this is what it feels like to make a new friend, and it feels comforting.

Up until today, the internship didn't involve a whole lot of intern-like responsibilities, like making coffee or making copies. Mostly I've just been able to write stuff and meet people. But today, and in no way am I complaining, the interns had to move the tables and set up the chairs and greet the guests for tonight's Food-Writing Workshop. Sac Press hosts stuff like this a few times each month, with different themes. This was my first. I didn't mind the bitch-work so much because I got the chance to bond with fellow-intern Mariel Tagg. And the food wasn't half-bad, either. 

Finished and published my Coverage Piece about the Madeleine Albright presentation. I think it's one of my best, to be honest. Maybe because it didn't feel like a press release, but an actual story about an event, and with more organization than my Mex 200 article. Also I feel like I learned a lot of shit. 
Five Other Things About The Day:
  1. Ran out of Nag Champa today.
  2. Ate free chips and bean dip, seven-dollar guacamole, a ten-dollar chicken avocado salad and the nine-dollar Hemingway daiquiri at Zocalos. 
  3. Paid for it with the thirty bucks I got for selling my Zune to Shawn.
  4. Felt like a local when I gave directions to a woman looking for the freeway.
  5. Took these pictures in the parking garage:





I took these before leaving Sac Press. This is what the office looks like, and the ceiling:



This is where the interns sit
- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment