Wednesday, May 11

The Day The Bonfire Moved To Wednesdays

Tuesday night I went to dinner with Jenny at Daniel's, where he cooked chicken and served salad and we drank good beer and wine and the conversation was fantastic and I met Alan and Liz and we watched a bit of the MacGyver pilot episode, talked about food and work and life without missing a beat. 

Wednesday night bonfire went well. New faces, new dynamics. No movie this time, more socializing. Hotdogs and pork ribs on the barbecue. Jenny, Iven, Juj (with a friend), Murphy, Shaun, Tony, Celena, Ashley, Nick, Jenn, Nick, Jack, Michelle, Meg, Jessica and Kirsten. Allergies took me out of it a little, but I still had fun. Music and conversation. Smokey fire and beer. I'm happy to notice when the bonfire becomes an event bigger than me, when people feel compelled to mingle and make the most of the evening. I hope this energy can continue through summer. There are still people in school who say they'll start showing up after finals are over. I look forward to watching the bonfires evolve. 

Spent the morning helping proctor the STAR testing in Mrs. Coates' class. Nice not to be the one bubbling in answers, for once. I went back again later but wasn't needed. Bike tire is still leaking. Took a walk through Midtown with Kirsten and took all these photos: 





































- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment