Thursday, May 12

The Day I Again Thought About Moving Out

Jenny got a job interview at the Sac Co-Op this coming Tuesday, a job that would perfect for her throughout the summer. I’m crossing my fingers. With her leaving her office job next week, the timing couldn’t be more perfect.  Maybe I’ll actually start buying groceries again if she works there. I can’t remember the last time I cooked my own meal.

Jessica’s planning on renting part of her apartment for $250, plus utilities, and she lives near Hot Italian. As of this moment, that seems like the best option for me to take when my lease at this house ends in August. That’s half the rent I pay now, minus the yard, minus the “cool factor,” minus the garden and minus the fire-pit. Plus delicious pizza. 

I really do love living in this house. It’s been great.

I’ll miss it.

John wants to hang out soon, meet Jenny, have a barbecue at his loft, go on a bike ride, hang out with friends. He’s a neat guy, spends half his time in Seattle, where he’s apparently in the midst of wooing a girl. He, like my Dad, is forty-something and getting involved with women in their late-20’s. Guess that’s common. Anyhow, he also mentioned that the L-Street Lofts have gone bankrupt and as of now, only 8 of 75 units are being used, half owned and half rented. I see potential for a story in that scenario.

My mind goes to something creepy like The Shining.

Cayla came by Old Soul with her friend, Try, just showing him around the cool spots in Midtown, and she’s been busy with school and all that and hardly makes it down from the surrounding suburbs, so I told her about the bonfires on Wednesday and hopefully she’ll be able to come by. Last I saw her was while wandering the halls of the Crocker Art Museum.

Songs I'm Addicted To: 
  • Cinematic Orchestra - "That Home"
  • Manchester Orchestra - "Simple Math"
  • Washed Out - "Feel It All Around"
  • The Antlers - "Rolled Together"

Paul comes over to smoke and philosophize and eat Chipotle and listen to Washed Out and Neon Indian and we talk about the flaw of celebrity, the purpose of sports, the meaning of life, a passion for meeting people, disreputable news sources, the value of movies, the strange fact that people say bad experiences were “worth it” in retrospect and the goal of being yourself all the time. Hopefully Paul and I can get around to making some short films this summer because he’s totally interested and I’m more than willing. Now we just need to come up with a couple good ideas.

During Paul's visit, Richard comes by curious if it’s mine or a friend’s car blocking the driveway, excited by the possibility of calling a tow-truck, but we all look down from my window at the vehicle’s owner examining the engine and finding a way to get it started. I notice Richard has a box delivered from Amazon and he shuffles through the eight CDs he ordered and I’m biting my tongue, wondering, People still buy CDs?

Then Blogger is down for maintenance. Yeah right. The Playstation Network said the same thing when they were taken down by hackers. Anytime a website goes down, now, I’m assuming it’s the work of hackers.

But now it's back up, so I'm posting Thursday's news on Friday morning. 

- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment