Thursday, May 27

The Day I Have Work In Fair Oaks While Trying To Prepare Myself For Paying Rent And I Dwell On How My Interview With Old Soul Went

I'm not exactly in the mood to write, but I've been putting it off. The worry and panic is starting to tighten its grip around my neck. Thinking about this blog is slowly dropping off my list of things to do, and now I'm more concerned with making rent.

It's $770, in case you were wondering. Two bedroom, two bath, fireplace, balcony.

Split between AJ and I, it's $385 each.

Food for rent.

Right now, I have a little over a hundred bucks, with about three hundred left on the credit-card. Now I can take that money off the card and bear with the $10 cash advance fee, but then that leaves us without a back-up. So yesterday I called my grandmother and asked her for work. I think she needs help building a fence. Today would be a good day to sell some DVD's.

Today I have work at Fair Oaks Coffee House & Deli from 12:00 to 3:00.

After that, there's a furniture store, a pet grooming business, and a grocery store that I want to apply to. These were all craigslist ads, so there's some chance that they'll need a customer service pro like myself. I've also applied to a pizza restaurant, an event planning company, and a fragrance wholesaler. We think the fragrance wholesaler (Cream Enterprise) is a scam because they already called me back for a second interview for an entry-level management position that I know nothing about. Also, they don't have a website. I can't trust anyone that doesn't have a website, these days. Anyway, I've got my sights on this pizza restaurant.

I could learn to bake here.

My interview with Old Soul went alright, except for the part when I mentioned that (in the heat of panic) I got a part-time job with Fair Oaks Coffee House & Deli. I think my overall interview went well, but there are a billion people applying for every job that I apply for, so I doubt that I stayed high on Jason's wish-list after confessing to the other job. Conflict of interest... We'll see if I get that call tomorrow. I kinda liked Old Soul after spending more time there. To be honest, it's not the sort of job I need right now. What I really need is one of those Administrative Assistant positions to call me back. What I really want is for Stacey from West Coast Coffee to call me back, but last I spoke with him (yesterday), he was too swamped to start looking at resumes. Doesn't he know I'm at the end of my rope? Rent is due next week!

That's it for now.

- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment