Tuesday, April 5

The Day I Had A Red Wine And Banana Cream Pie Picnic With Jenny On Her Bedroom Floor

Sent Jennifer a new version of my résumé for the Peace Corps, this time with a focus on teaching English. She said thanks and good luck with Sac State.

Still no word from Sac State.

Jenny bought me a pair of black Toms in exchange for her Railroad Revival ticket and they’re surprisingly comfortable.

My grandma may have a spare bike for me to borrow. How I’ll get it here from Auburn, I’ve yet to figure out.

Monday Night Bonfire went well and we used up the last of the s’more supplies.

Paid rent. Ouch.

Switched my Wednesday closing shift for Thursdays because Nick has school those nights. I wonder what life is like without a two-day weekend.

Tutoring is going well, though I have to take the bus to get there.

Max is out of the weed game until after Kat has her baby so I’m going to stop buying for a while, and I’m pretty sure I mean it this time, unless someone knows someone else who sells eighths for twenty-five bucks.

I took home a nice coat someone left at Old Soul last week, the kind of coat you’d wear to Chops for a business meeting.

I wonder when I should start thinking about cancelling car insurance, when and how to defer my students loans (again), if I should cancel Netflix, when I’ll stop being lazy about cancelling Xbox Live, and now I’m thinking that maybe I should just sell the car, put the money aside and stop being lazy about saving money.

I hate when it gets to the point when I’m counting down the days to Pay Day because my mind goes all crazy with financial insecurity and even the slimmest paycheck feels like the best hit of heroin.

"Feel the Tide" is my new favorite Mumford and Sons song.

About the picnic I want to remember the wine we didn't finish, the banana cream pie we devoured, the cold mint cookies, the joint we had to put out quickly when Jen came home, being naked for the sake of being naked, two truths and a lie, trying on accents, contemplating growing old, our intention to look at the price of plane tickets to Montana, getting "Why Don't You Do Right?" stuck in my head, Jenny's tie-die tube top and jazz hat, trying to pinpoint the specific appeal of a kiss and loving the girl in my arms, amazed by her colorful past and blossoming future. 



























- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment