Tuesday, July 12

The Day Bryce Visited

There's a Bryce in my blog!


So my college roommate surprise-visited me today while I was at work chomping on a turkey-bacon sandwich in the employee-nook, uniting the Fryer-Cook duo on a day when I needed a good friend the most. I spent much of the morning unsuccessfully coping with the reality that Jenny is leaving the country soon, and I found out later that she snagged a dream job in Korea that will keep her there for a year-long contract. That said, Bryce swings by Old Soul on his way back to Concord and ends up spending the afternoon with me. Jenny, turns out, doesn't have work until 5:00, so my plan to get drunk and cry about her upcoming departure doesn't exactly pan out as planned because I can't cry about her leaving when I've got an arm around her shoulder. Her, Bryce and I walk over to de Vere's, check out the new Goodwill, spend some time in Capitol Park then watch a few YouTube videos before Jenny leaves for the Co-Op. I'm glad they got to meet. We got to talk about our college-selves, our generation's open-mindedness and married life. Afterward, Bryce and I played a nostalgic game of Left 4 Dead and I got drunk off cheap wine. He left and I took a nap. 

It was good to see ya, old friend. 

In other news, my first of many dentist appointments is this Friday. Jenny leaves for Montana next week to go visit her family. I've been spreading the word about the bonfires. It's pay-week. The State Fair is coming soon. This is Shaun's last week at Old Soul, he's got his last show in Sacramento on August 1st. I've been watching a lot of old Bill Nye episodes. Some lady customer said I look like Daniel Craig. I can't believe July's almost already half-over and at the end of next month I'll be back in school. What the fuck. Life is crazy. Where's my wine?









- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment