Tuesday, January 11

The Day I Reflected On The Weekend With Photographs From Second Saturday

The other night was Second Saturday--a cold one, so the crowds weren't out in full force like they have been--and I went to see Neva Dinova @ Luigi's around 9:30. That being my only item on the agenda, I chose to head out a little early and take photographs of this chilly Sacramento night and play around with shadows and lights. Got some neat photos from it. 





Started the night at John's bike shop where I tried couscous for the first time, bullshitted with the locals about bicycles, and got a chance to chat with Cayla while she was fixing bikes and playing hostess. After draining two (or three?) plastic wine glasses of red, I went out into the town with a warm wine buzz and my little blue camera.






Ended this journey at Weatherstone, where Kirsten was working her first shift at this location with Allie. The new joke now is that Kirsten and Allie are going to fall in love and become lesbonauts. That night, I had another glass of wine and sat at the bar, waiting for 9:00 to roll around when Shaun said he'd be at Luigi's for the show. Meanwhile, I bump into Rachel--the yoga lady--who I haven't seen in ages. Not long after that, Kasha, the science teacher, passes by and we take a moment to catch up. But the most fortuitous part of this pit-stop was bumping into Shannon and her friend Gretchen, who sat with me at the bar while I finished my wine. 


  



Shannon's this girl who came up to the register one day at Old Soul and was such an unexpectedly beautiful sight to see that I started laughing. "What's so funny?" she'd asked, to which I replied honestly, "It's... You're just very pretty." She looks like the lead singer of Pomplamoose. Gretchen, equally adorable, had the softest strawberry hair I've ever seen. Sadly, after what felt like a positive interaction, I had to leave them for prior engagements. 

I set out for Luigi's. 


Neva Dinova is one of Shaun's favorite bands and the lead singer was touring through town. Good show, nothing spectacular. Sad acoustic folk stuff, mostly, except when other band members climbed on stage for a handful of songs. I spent much of the time flirting with Donya (dawn-yuh), who turned out to be a sophomore at Sac State living in Davis, and then the show ended. I'm not all that interested in girls who don't live in Midtown or somewhere within walking distance of my house, so I said bye to Donya and Shaun and his buddies who'd tagged along and headed home.





Stopped at Old Soul to grab munchies and ended up rolling a joint to smoke with Jack and Joe in the alley. Then Kirsten texted, saying she was getting a ride to my house from Matt, so I headed home to meet her there. I made sure be asleep before it got too late since I had to open the next day. 






On Sunday I met up with Katie again after work. We smoked a joint, watched LOST, fondled, kissed, watched LOST, took a walk to Hot Italian, talked about our life philosophies, ordered the pear and honey pizza, finished the joint, watched LOST, had sex and then went to bed. 

It's fun to experience LOST again with someone who hasn't seen it. We also talked about her Sierra Nevada-fueled college experience at Chico and her travels around the world. Although there's been intimacy shared between us, I am still as emotionally detached as ever, so I know I need to be careful with her heart. I am sometimes disturbingly removed from situations I put myself into. Katie is a great girl. I look forward to all the LOST and travel discussions we'll be having in the future. 

  









The next morning it was breakfast at Crepeville with Katie before she went into Old Soul to work on more resumes and cover letters. Meanwhile, I e-mailed my Peace Corps representative. 

Work was alright. Mondays are my Thursdays.


  





Kelly passed through with a cute friend of hers on break from work and I found out that Kelly's a total hippie (as in getting stoned and cleansing her chakras), and so I have made it a goal to get high with her sometime in the near future, hopefully Friday. She kinda gives off a Catherine Zeta Jones vibe, which I can't get enough of, and I can imagine we'd have some long deep conversations about the state of the universe. Also connected with a girl named Asia about single-payer healthcare systems. Another girl said, "Thanks for being awesome," as she was leaving. It was a good day for my ego, that's for sure, and towards the end of the night, Celena came by and I made pseudo plans with her (and Chris) to hang out Tuesday night (my Friday night) so long as I can get a hold of Max for a grass refill. 




  

Then Kirsten came over to stay the night. We went out to Spin Burger for a late dinner, came back to my room and had surprisingly great sex for about two hours. I think Richard hates me (he rents the room next to mine) because I have the squeakiest bed frame on earth and Kirsten's not so quiet, either. 






I'm looking forward to the next two days (my weekend) and some quiet time where I can write and re-evaluate my life. I feel like I've just been prodding and poking things just to see what will happen. Treating each moment as a defining moment--a conversation that can change my life, a decision that can open new doors. Who knows what every minute might bring? 





- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment