Wednesday, January 12

The Day I Drove Kirsten Home In The Morning And Spent The Evening With Katie

“You remind me of a character from a Charlie Brown cartoon,” Celena says, stretching toward the stars in the Old Soul parking lot, to which I reply, “I love Charlie Brown. Snoopy is the shit.”

I’m sitting on the floor next to Holmes listening to Carla Bruni and I’m 99% sure that I’m going to join the Peace Corps. It helps that everyone I tell this to starts spouting off about how exciting that would be and how much they wish they would do it. Encouragement is nice. 

Katie’s coming over soon to watch LOST.

I met up with Celena last night after work to smoke a joint in the alley and meander the neighborhoods of Midtown for about forty minutes before she left to go pick up her boyfriend from work. I feel like I’m at my most philosophical with Celena. With her, reality is a construct and life is a dream, and last night it felt like we were the only two people in the universe.

Added some names to my mental directory:

Bethany = back from a month in Thailand, dropped off a resume.
Matt = guy who gets a nonfat latte in his own mug.
Heather = writing group organizer.
Denise = woman who reminds me of Catherine Keener.
Candice = woman who gets a small mocha to go.

It’s sunny today. Good to see blue skies again.

There’s a good chance that I’ll be taking Kelly with me to see The Green Hornet when Sean comes to visit this Friday. I bumped into her this morning at Old Soul and suggested the idea and I’m pretty sure she’s down to go, which is quite exciting because she’s been someone I’ve wanted to get to know for a while. My text to Sean: “Her name is Kelly and she is so pretty, so don’t steal her from me!”

I also bumped into Becca at the coffee-shop and she was in such a clusterfuck that I hardly recognized her. She reminds me a lot of Heather, the financial planner I had a crush on when I worked at Creekside Café, which is to say that she’s a beautiful handful. Fun, but fragile. Most of the time Becca would be great to be around, but catch her on a morning like today and she might just rip your head off.

“Do you find me peculiar?” Celena asks, to which I reply, “Yes.”

I need to get rid of that pumpkin I bought last Halloween.

When Drew came back from a three-week vacation on the East Coast, he found a dead possum in his bedroom. Mind you, I sleep in the room beneath Drew’s, so that possum was rotting over my head for days and days and days. He threw the carcass out the window into the yard. I’m going right now to see if it’s still there. Nope—it’s gone.

I’ve named my car Stella.

Last night I stopped by Max's to refill my stash and smoked a quick bowl with him and Pete while Kat was playing Super Paper Mario. It was adorable to hear her explain the game's storyline and unique mechanics. I haven't been able to see if she's starting to show, yet, but I think she's at least two months into the pregnancy at this point. Max was playing Minecraft. I told Pete which PS3 games he should buy. Then I left with my weed and told Celena to meet me at Old Soul. 

Kirsten stayed the night. I drove her home this morning.

Walked to Noah's Bagel for lunch. Stopped at the The Beat to buy two tickets to the Murder By Death show @ Harlow's on February 13 (my birthday). Happened upon Tamara and Jenny on my way back and stopped to chat for a minute, once again confirming the fact that Sacramento is so small it sometimes feels like living in a snowglobe. You go outside at any time of the day and you'll probably see someone you know. I totally have a crush on Tamara and her adorable accent. She likes the beard ("It's very Irish. I like that," she said), once again confirming the fact that women love beards. 

Life is feeling oddly perfect. Not in an orderly, planned-out and predictable kind of way, though... It's way more relaxed than that. It feels more like I'm the conductor of a huge orchestra and I'm starting to get everything to harmonize. 

Anyway, life is crazy. Here's some snapshots capturing the state of things:

My Tree
My Shoes

My Beard
- Left to Fry

1 comment:

  1. I love when life gets like that. I also like the way you write so I will probably be checking back soon. =)

    ReplyDelete