Thursday, February 3

The Day I Had Breakfast At Fox & Goose With Kirsten And Posted All These Sacramento Walkabout Photos

My new favorite band is Bon Iver.

Finally saw the movie Rushmore, then immediately sought out the soundtrack, as is customary with any Wes Anderson film. 

Favorite quote: “I saved Latin. What did you ever do?”








All of a sudden Jessica (coworker) and I are planning to hang out on Saturday. She moved to Elk Grove and quit her other job, so now she has more free time, she said, and so we made these plans and I’m supposed to call her when I get off work. A six-pack at my place with a Spin Burger chaser is the idea, followed possibly by a trip to the Town House, if I want to subject myself to the pressure of dancing in public, unless she just wants to go on a walk or something. I get the feeling she’s the kind of girl who prefers to take it easy and relax. Even better, I get the feeling she's as excited to hang out with me as I am with her. 
















Joe had a recent epiphany and has decided to quit smoking grass and cigarettes. Jack was short on his rent this month, his first month living in Joe’s apartment, and things just really haven’t been going too well over there. He’s seen how sloppy Jack has become, both with his personal hygiene and his life choices, and how the guy hides behind marijuana, and Joe just got disgusted with the whole thing. He's got a girlfriend and a kid to take care of. He sees, now, where he needs to shape up. 

Jack honestly seems perfectly content with his life and for that the guy can be commended. If it's the life he wants to live, he can live it any way he wants. There's nothing wrong with that. 

After letting off some steam and telling me about his revelation, Joe said to me, “I want to be a good person, you know? I want to be more like you.”

Deep stuff. Strange to think of myself as a role model. 










Been struggling with my love-hate relationship with Old Soul. Eight dollars per hour will not endure forever. I’m not saving anything. I’m not paying off the credit card. I’m not gaining any ground, financially. It’s more like treading water at this point and my legs are getting tired. So I prowl craigslist and I send out e-mails and make adjustments to my resume, and I cross my fingers while simultaneously saddened by the idea of leaving the social sphere of the coffee culture. It’s an endless battle.

I’ve got half my eggs in the Peace Corps basket, and the other half sitting on San Francisco. Then there's a secret half saved for something else entirely, whatever that may be.














Thankfully my Friday (Wednesday) ended with a night spent with Kirsten that included pizza from Hot Italian, a long talk about Old Soul in the back patio of Simon’s, finishing the last third of three different wines, and fucking until about three thirty in the morning. We talked about my lifestyle choices and the precautions I should take when it comes to handling the emotions of women. It won’t be easy to sustain, Kirsten warned, adding, “There will be a girl out there who will think they can change you.” She’s worried that I’ll phase her out. I doubt it. What started out as a random fondling exchange has since become an R-rated friendship between two open-minded adults. Or something like that, and it’s great, so I told Kirsten she was talking crazy.






Meanwhile, Meredith is doing well. It was her birthday last weekend and she spent it with her hippie boyfriend, Andrew. It’s interesting to hear her talk about their semi-planned future with each other, living in the forest somewhere and having babies. I wish the best for her on that endeavor. Regarding the brain tumor, I believe she’s still just taking the natural approach and going for a raw-food diet mixed with spiritual healing and a lot of yoga. 
















Applied for an internship with Sactown Magazine. Took a bunch of photos of Sacramento. Made pseudo-plans to smoke grass with Lance and his buddy tomorrow before Shaun’s show. Spent most of my Saturday (Thursday) with Kirsten and then spent the rest of the night lounging and writing and listening to Bon Iver. Getting more excited about my trip to Oakland next week. My outfit is hanging in the closet, waiting. 









- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment