Tuesday, February 15

The Day I Woke Up At Jenny's And Finished Applying To Sacramento State

In the morning Jenny said to me, "When I met you at Old Soul I never expected to be eating an egg with you," as we dined to the soundtrack of a Bob Dylan record and drank french-pressed coffee out of square ceramic mugs. 

I applied for the Masters International program yesterday. Today I brought my transcript to the Grad Student Office at Sac State. The woman there told me it would be a couple weeks before I'd hear anything. I expected as much. 

Do I like Jenny? Yes. Am I still anti-commitment? Yes. But it sounds like she is, too, perhaps not to the same extent, but similarly prone to experiment. We went and saw Kings Speech @ Tower and lied about being students to get the special Monday discount and left the theater pleased with the film. Afterward it was cheeseburgers at Willie's. The night progressed from listening to Bach and reading poetry with glasses of Bogle Old Vine Zin on my bedroom floor to watching episodes of This American Life in Jenny's bed and falling asleep around one in the morning. 

And so be delivered entirely from humanity.
This is the prettiest of all, it is very pretty.

In the morning before heading out to Sac State, during the walk back from Jenny's, I saw so many things that I wanted to photograph that it made me realize how overwhelmingly beautiful the world really is. Photography captures some of that. Moments of that. But really the important thing is to simply notice it.

LANDSCAPE WITH YELLOW BIRDS
By Shuntaro Tanikawa
there are birds
so there is sky
there is sky
so there are balloons
there are balloons
so children are running
children are running
so there is laughter
there is laughter
so there is sadness
so there is prayer
and ground for kneeling
there is ground
so water is flowing
and there's today and tomorrow
there is a yellow bird
so with all colors forms and movements
there is the world

- Left to Fry 

No comments:

Post a Comment