Monday, December 13

The Day I Worked My Last Full Shift With Hank And Tore Up My Old Computer

Watched Inception again. Ate a special brownie that Richard brought me about an hour ago before deciding it was a good idea to rip apart my computer and stuff it into a wooden box. No joke. I found this hollowed-out speaker box in the alley about a week ago. Didn't know what else to do with it. That said, it was a terrible idea. I did, however, figure I could take a few pictures of the disaster, and this is what I got: 




Hank's almost gone. Reminds me of the way it felt before Zoe left, when I was just really starting to like her. He's not moving as far--Oroville, compared to Portland--but I doubt I'll be seeing much of Hank in the future, if I ever see him at all. He's been a good character to have around. He's made a good name for himself in the Old Soul history books. 





Meredith's got a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so I'll be going in to Old Soul from 12 - 2.



It was sad to see my computer go, but yet another example of how easily I can throw things away. I kept the motherboard, hard-drive and CD-drive. The important bits. Remnants of the past. It's a big relief, actually, to shed a little extra weight. The impulsive decision to gut the machine might be the inspiration I needed to start selling all my stuff. The Great Reduction of 2011. 




Kirsten and I continue our little affair. Still comfortably nonchalant, save for the occasional curious moment when I'm wondering if she's getting too attached to me. A hug gone too long. An unexpected kiss. I'm not sure when it's time to talk about this again, but it feels like we oughtta make sure we're still on the same page. I'm not in the business of breaking hearts. We happened to run into Jason at Simon's tonight, and he bought us drinks, and now Kirsten's pretty sure Jason knows we're fucking. She's mildly panicked, though she admits it's all kind of exciting.


- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment