Tuesday, December 14

The Day I Wrote My 100th Post

This is a non-fiction story. This is life, paraphrased.

This is the 100th page. 

Spent breakfast time with Kirsten at Crepeville, lunch time working at Old Soul with Hank, and the evening time smoking joints with Meredith. Nothing particularly exciting happening of late. Scheduled my exit interview with Colleen for tomorrow at 3:00. Probably going to be raining tomorrow, so that'll be a fun walk through downtown. Maybe I'll go take some photos of Old Sac while I'm over there, since I've been meaning to do that. 

Inspired by the new photography hung up at Old Soul, I felt like putting up some of my own favorite photos. 



100th Post Snapshot: I've been working at Old Soul for 8 months. I've been single for 6. I spent the last 4 doing an internship with Sacramento Press and living in Midtown.



My current favorite song is a Kid Cudi cover by Lissie Maurus called "Pursuit of Happiness."
My current favorite movie is Inception (just bought it on blu-ray)
My current favorite restaurant is still Hot Italian.
My current favorite TV show is Community.




Books I'm trying to read: 
Under the Dome by Stephen King 
White Tiger by Aravind Adiga 
Blink by Malcolm Gladwell

Hobbies I'm trying to form: 
Writing more
Running
Saving money
Honesty




Status Updates: 
Family: doing fine
Sean: antsy for San Diego
Meredith: calmly battling a brain tumor
Shaun: still not trained on the espresso machine
Hank: leaving soon for the police academy
Kirsten: yearning for Durham
Joe: still chugging, looking for a new job
Stephanie: unhappily married, hiding it well
Jack: stoner stuck with child-support seeking companionship
Old Soul: lost its head chef, recovering decently
My House: rent went up to $550, lease is void
My Car: mirrors taped on, still needs transmission work
My Debt: yep, still there, roughly 20,000 dollars
My Outlook: positive




This is the video I made soon after being fired from Creekside Cafe. I can't believe how long my hair used to be. I really hated this job.





Unrelated to the last 100 posts, here's the video of the trip my family took to Disneyland (sans the actual theme-park footage) for my Mom's birthday a while ago. I just feel like keeping the link alive. 



And here's the Getting Sloppy video I made with Doug and Nick a long time ago. This re-cut version came out 7 months ago, before AJ and I broke up. It's what got me involved with Raquela's music video.



- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment