Monday, November 1

The Day After Halloween


Thought it was strange that half the Blue Moons that Sean bought had upside-down labels. Makes you question the whole bottling process. Which employee blinked at the wrong moment when they put the labels in the machine? I hope they know they made Halloween night all the more magical for me. 


At work I dressed up as a coffee-bag. Not as itchy as people would think. Also didn't get us as many tips as I'd been hoping for. Worked with Kirsten for the first time since the Crocker. Good shift. I'd thought Jenn was coming in for her final day at Old Soul (she's going back to Naked Lounge), but I guess they let her go a day early, and so Jenn is officially gone. Another character in my life who feels like they've disappeared as quickly as they arrived, leaving those memories, those little life lessons behind. I'll miss you, Jenn. It was nice knowing you. 


Sean came over later with a corn-starch based face paint and bottle of baby powder with the intention to whiten our skin like vampires. We ended up looking like zombie vampires, especially after we added splotches of ketchup to our faces. Plan was to go out to Old Sac and meet up with Aly and her friend, LG, for some bar hopping by the river. This was after a long talk with Sean about the dynamics of male/female relationships. He talked me out of making an appearance at the bead store.


The night was okay. Aly and LG found us in Old Town and we had our first drinks in a crowded bar full of costumed patrons and noise. Aly and LG hadn't dressed up, and both Sean and I were pretty sure our costumes were already starting to fade away. Conversation was friendly banter mixed with stories and political discussions. We left the first bar for a three-story place around the corner where we sat on the third floor with the arcade games and drank another round in a booth. To be outright: it was an awkward evening. I hadn't expected LG to be involved. I was analyzing every gesture and word I shared with Aly, constantly questioning my motives, wondering if I'd have any time alone with her later. They left kind of early and Sean and I tried one other bar before leaving Old Sac for the walk back to my house. A bowl later, I was passed out on the floor. 

Today was breakfast at Crepeville, a visit to Jason, a talk with Crystal about Legos, an interview with Vanessa from the Heart Clothing Boutique, the writing of an article, a phone chat with Elizabeth from B Street Theatre, and a watching of The Social Network, which was fantastic. 

Tomorrow's the big Election Day. 

Now it's time for a bowl of Cheerios.

- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment