Saturday, November 13

The Day I Woke Up To The Sounds Of People Tearing Down And Repairing The Front Porch Steps


Kirsten stayed the night--nothing happened--and we stayed up surprisingly late considering she had to wake up at 5:30 this morning to go to work. Mostly just sat around talking about work, relationships, music and Sacramento until we put on The Royal Tenenbaums, which is when I fell asleep on the floor. She's staying the night again tonight. 

Had a chance to smoke with Max in the backyard yesterday when we found out we're basically neighbors. It was a good way to end work. It was from that conversation that I decided paying 550 for my rent is still a really good deal, kind of, and if I can't barter for a lesser lease, then it's nothing to get upset about. Max works at Old Soul in Oak Park. We talked about Prop 19 and the mayor and other things that weed erased from memory.

Kristen (not Kirsten) came to visit this weekend from Portland with her boyfriend, Ian, and they stopped by yesterday to visit Old Soul, where she worked when I first started. Apparently Ian's grandfather is having an art show tonight. I don't know if I'll bump into them again this weekend, but it was neat to see Kristen again. Ian said Portland is amazing. I feel like at this point, with so many people moving to and loving Portland, it would feel lame to follow along. I want to find my own amazing city to move to and love. Portland is like the iPod of cities. 

Shaun's back from his back-packing trip. Hank said he should get the results for his law enforcement test soon. Finally got a chance to play Black Ops online. I visited Sean in Auburn on Thursday after my interview with the Bass Trackers Club President and five hours of tea-training. We didn't throw a pumpkin off the Foresthill Bridge as planned, but maybe next time. 

Speaking of the Bass Trackers: I posted this article yesterday

Also really into this band called "The Naked And Famous."

- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment