Saturday, November 6

The Day I Was The Delivery Driver

Skipped yoga for a nap after my ten hour shift at Old Soul, which started with a 4:30 - 7:30 delivery route that took me as far out as Shady Coffee in Roseville and ended with the 8 - 2 register shift behind the counter. Not a bad day. Chicken marsala for lunch. Hank was there to help me with the first three drops of the delivery route--seriously the big brother I've never had. Tried the french toast for breakfast, with the goat-cheese and spinach egg scramble, which is five times as delicious as it sounds. Still no word on the sixty bucks I'm owed from that event I worked at the Crocker with Kirsten. My paycheck felt a little lighter this time... Woke up from the nap to meet Meredith for the bonfire. Drew and his gang of friends came and chatted around the flames. Ed and his friend from San Jose, Tracy, and Dark Drew, Amber and Keenan. Interesting group. Nice fire. Walked Meredith home, came back, considered the night over. Then Kirsten got off work, texted, and I brought her over for a tour and a beer at the bonfire. We talked for a while as the group died down with the fire and then Kirsten left and that was curtain for the day. I feel like I should mention that Kirsten is the first girl since Zoe that I've felt this urge to break the "don't sleep with coworkers" rule I've felt obligated to follow. I don't know what to make of these feelings because I've yet to ever pursue them (the way I guess I never pursued crushes I had on substitute teachers). But that's also a storyline I'm not ready to start up. I don't think. I don't know. It was a long Saturday and I was a little too tired to be the lively host I could've been, but she seemed to be enjoying herself, so that's good. 

- Left to Fry


No comments:

Post a Comment