Saturday, October 16

The Day I Interviewed Carol Garcia About The Pink And White Ball And Served Coffee At The Neo-Crocker Event After Having Dinner With Aly Last Night


Yesterday began with the emptying of Old Soul into the back of a Budget Truck. Eric and I were in charge of moving over a ton of coffee beans. Literally, over a ton. Then we had to run some furniture-moving errands between Weatherstone and Tim's house. I put together the coffee-table that is now at Weatherstone. And Eric and I finally had a chance to bond as coworkers, which was nice. Since Old Soul is refinishing the floor, the place is closed until Monday, and Tim asked me to come in tomorrow at 6am to help move everything back inside. 

Sounds like a whole lotta fun.


Aly came over last night and we went to dinner at Paesanos and hung out for a while in my room--she being the second girl to ever visit my room. The whole time she was here felt like one long conversation, which spanned everything from musical tastes to memories of junior high. It was remarkably enjoyable to spend time with her, not only because it felt comfortable, but because the act of getting to know anyone new is an adventure of human connection. Getting to know someone is like reading a thick book. It takes time to figure out what the book is all about. There are chapters. Aly and I, we're on chapter two or three, but I can see there's a lot more to read. 

I'm working the coffee-stand at the Neo-Crocker event tonight. Nice change of pace. 

- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment