Monday, October 4

The Day I Made Thirty-Five In Tips And Walked Around The Same Block At Least Five Times Before Dinner At Lucca's With The Interns

Sacramento Press got 3rd place in the "Best Sacramento Website" vote for this year's SN&R's Best of Sacramento awards. Second went to downtowngrid.com and newsreview.com took first (aka SN&R's page, go figure). So that's neat. Ate clams. Can't remember the last time I had clams. The tips were nice. Still sick, however, so the morning was rough. Love working with Hank, though. He's like the older brother I never had. Aly's smart. She cooks. She has ambition. Strong beliefs, yet open-minded, and book-smart and people-smart. I like the idea of getting to know her. I get the sense I could learn a lot from her. It's strange to have her knowingly go off the Washington D.C. for a week. Before I didn't know where the hell she went--she came and went like a dream--and in that way we were still strangers. Now I know her schedule, and she said she'd call me when she got back. I think that makes us friends. Might've made a Second Saturday posse tonight. I'd been hoping for one of those. It was good feeling like part of a group of respected young adults with our two main bosses, David and Colleen. Nice place, Lucca's. Found out that was where Brandon works, a customer. What I remember about these familiar strangers is: Alyse has medical problems and loves Disneyland. Mariel didn't say much. Dane plays drums in a band. David's had a rather eventful life as a journalist. Colleen plays the drums, too, and is all the more adorable (but, alas, it is true she has a boyfriend... the crush has ceased). Jon is married (!) and said The Social Network was good. Colin, also married, is into web design. I didn't get to see The Social Network. I heard it was good. Published my article. Texted Merideth, she said she was feeling better. I... was just lost in thought thinking about how far away my recent past seems. My life in Carmichael is being buried in new memories. New faces. New experiences. It's just what happens. But it's so weird to think about it when it's happening, like I'm just growing new skin over dead skin. The past looks like I'm seeing it through wax paper. I have this sneaky suspicion that getting AJ's half of the AT&T bill will be tricky this time. I think AJ is still mad at me for taking her off my facebook friend list. Pardon me for not wanting to see the status updates. I'd rather hear that stuff in person. It's 9:50. I ought to sleep off the last of this cold. Can't even think of the last time I had a cold. Weird how you forget how much you hate certain things until they happen to you again. Like the dentist.

- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment