Monday, October 11

The Day My Dad Came To Visit And We Went To Auburn To Go To A Bar (And Others) And I Saw My Old Boss, Mike, And That Was Weird

I have two tickets to the Old City Cemetery Lantern Tours on October 29. I'm expecting myself to ask Aly if she wants to go. We'll see. 

Went bar-hopping with my dad in Auburn, took a walk around the Capitol, and showed him my new little life in Sacramento. Dad looks good. Same old. Had a freaky moment when we were both watching something on my computer and I saw his reflection and confused it for mine. After he left, I made him this blog for his comics

Caught Jason as he left Old Soul and had a heart-to-heart regarding Meredith. He sounded hopeful.

While in Auburn, we stopped by Courthouse Coffee. I saw Mike. Sure I'll always have this small distaste for the guy because he fired me, but a bigger part of me has wanted to thank him for knocking my life off track. If it wasn't for Mike, I'd still be in Carmichael, with AJ, and unhappy. I didn't really get to say the words "Thank you," but I tried to make it clear that I was doing alright and things between us were fine. He seemed a little stressed and edgy, the same as always. 

Mike... It's because of him that this blog started. 

Having a strange struggle with the responsibilities of my internship. I'm not about to quit or anything, but it's starting to feel like mid-term season from my college days. Next up I have to go to the Sacramento Community Homeless Forum tomorrow at Sac State from 1-5 p.m., and then write something about it. After that, I'm supposed to write a preview piece of the upcoming Disney on Ice, then get in touch with Shannon from the Vampire Ball. It doesn't seem like too much. I should be fine.

Dad gave me a copy of "Under the Dome," Stephen King's latest, and some DVD's--all late Christmas and birthday presents. He seemed pleased with my little life. 

I think tonight I'll finish my day off with a bowl and a rewatching of The Watchmen. 

- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment