Sunday, October 3

The Day My Summer Cold Returned With A Vengeance And I Felt Gross All Day And Watched A Tenacious D Concert On DVD

Today sucked. Been a while since I've had a legitimately sucky day, so I guess I was overdue. 

The summer cold is the main reason. A runny nose and lethargic attitude made it hard to get anything done, so closing took me over an hour and I didn't even get everything finished. No sweeping, no mopping... I'm surprised I even had the energy to take out the trash. Went right out and bought some cold medicine even though I don't believe in the stuff, but I need anything I can get. As of now, I'm still laying in bed with stuffed nostrils and a nasally voice. Sucks. 

On top of that, however... 

Jason calls me and says that Merideth was coming back from the hospital after having a seizure. A seizure, like something old people have or those with epileptic tendencies. Meredith qualifies as neither, so I can only guess her sudden neural breakdown as caused by her recent trip to Yosemite. When I saw her for the first time when she got back, she straight-faced said to me, "Well when you're on shrooms running around naked in the desert, you sort of forget to apply sunscreen." I'm never one to advocate against drug use, but I also know the risks involved, and God forbid it's anything too serious. Meredith is way too special of a person.

That said, I'll be opening tomorrow. Thought I was going to get to sleep in a little and heal up before meeting Aly. Guess not. But you ask for strength and the universe sends you challenges, right? 

- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment