Friday, October 29

The Day I Tried Yoga And Ate Dinner With Meredith And Aly Brought Me Homemade Apple Butter

Aly brought me homemade apple butter while I was working this morning. Now the only food I have is: apple butter, wheat bread, spicy mustard, mayonnaise, oatmeal, and a Fat Tire beer. It was sweet of her to come by and the apple butter is delicious. 

Then yoga. 

It was actually the exact experience I was hoping to have. Comfortable, difficult and relaxing. About twenty people on mats in a warm room. Music, then silence, then music, and so much stretching it felt like I was getting ready for Cirque du Soleil. The only weird thing, I guess, was having Tyler in the role of the teacher. Tyler being a customer, now in his element, and doing a surprisingly good job. For the most part I felt like I could keep up with the moves and was starting to learn some of the names, though some of the moves were a little advanced, some stretches beyond my reach. I also can't stretch my legs all the way straight or touch my toes, but that'll take time. I'm sure I'll go back again soon.

I bought shorts and comfy clothes, after all. Might even start running, finally, since I bought some new running shoes to motivate me out the door. 

Then the Lantern Tour plan fell away to the Pumpkin Carving / Townhouse Night plan which fell away to having dinner with Meredith at Chipotle which evolved into a lazy early-night so that I might wake up refreshed tomorrow for work. 

And that's life.

- Left to Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment